Rules & Regulations
Please thoroughly go through all information mentioned in the application form or website prior to submitting your application. Confirmation of applications received will be subject to the Entry rules and guidelines given herein.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Participants must provide photo identification upon picking up their race kit to verify their identity as the registrant to whom the BIB number is assigned.
- Participant race number BIBs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to any other person. The sale and/or transfer of race entries/BIBs is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future event/s.
- All participants should take part at their own wish and risk and undertake not to participate if they are medically unfit to do so.
- Participant must undertake to abide by the race rules, race instructions, and marshal directions.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
- Participants may not be accompanied by anyone on the race route that is not registered in the event.
- No bikes or wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course.
- No tobacco, alcohol, or any other banned substance is permitted.
- The organizers reserve the right to remove any entrant who is medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the Medical Officer.
- All finish times are reviewed before times are deemed official.
- Participants with missing or irregular split times at official timing checkpoints will be reviewed and may be disqualified.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Race Director will be final.
- We will be sending regular updates of current and future events organized by the Barishal Marathon Organizing Committee to the Mobile number you have provided in the registration form this should be not treated as spam and you shall not take any action against our bulk SMS service provider.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
- I acknowledge and agree that my personal information (including medical information) can be sorted, used, and disclosed by the organizers in connection with the organization, promotion, and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information. (acknowledged by Participants)
- Video recording and Photographs will be taken of runners and used for the purpose of advertising and promoting the event/s.
- The event will only be canceled or postponed due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances. In such an eventuality all participants will be notified by phone and email as soon as possible.
- In such a situation, all registered applicants can participate on rescheduled race day announced later and they do not need to register or further payment, but if any registered applicant wishes to cancel his/her race on rescheduled race day then full payment will return from our part.
Any participant who is found in breach of these terms and conditions will be excluded from current and future event/s.
Event officials reserve the right to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
3rd BARISHAL MARATHON 2024